rss
twitter
    Click on the birdee to follow me in twitter

Tuesday 5 June 2012

June 5th


Strawberries
A quick visit this morning to plant out some beetroot and salad crops that I had growing in seed trays to protect from any late frosts, everything is growing so fast now .

The recent rains and warm sunshine has helped not only the crops but the weeds as well ! The Strawberries have started to show the pending fruit load (Time to consider getting some yummy Cornish cream soon)

Peas
The potatoes have really shot up, this year I had put quite a lot of compost and fertilizer in the troughs lined with old newspapers seems to have had an effect, fingers crossed on what the spuds turn out to be !

The Peas have also started to climb up the cheap netting frame I put in this year.

I also took adv advantage of the early morning to take a load of photos of the rest of the allotment plots down at heath road allotment, to this end I updated the gallery blog - http://heathroad.blogspot.co.uk/

Potatoes
Why not take a look at all the lovely growing thats going on the rest of the allotments.

Well I think that's all for now, thanks for following by rambling, have a great last day of the long bank holiday weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment