rss
twitter
    Click on the birdee to follow me in twitter

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Whats that coming over the hill? Is it an Onion?

Hi all, and I hope you all had a fantastic start to the new year.

With the snow just melted away I wanted to see what state the allotment was, Imagine my delight to find that the garlic & onions are already poking their heads up despite the frozen ground and smothering of snow they had.

Returning home to a warm cup of soup I have taken a look at last years plans and started to draw up this years planting !

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to see things growing and surviving this cold winter. I have to sow my onion seeds yet, but I wont do that until near the end of the month. I still have loads of red onions in store from last year, so this year I will sow more white onions than red as I obviously didn't sow enough white last year.
    Happy New Year and hope your allotment grows well for you.

    ReplyDelete